Friday, January 28, 2011

MANNY


I finally convinced your dad to participate in a swim lesson with you.  Although I don't know who had it worse.  30 minutes of him having to hangout with a bunch of moms, or 30 minutes of me being stuck in the viewing room with a bunch of other moms. 


Yes, at first he was intrigued at the idea of a co-ed locker room, until I clarified that it was more like a clothing store fitting room.  From the looks of it, one other dad got dragged into spending "quality time" with the baby.  I wouldn't be surprised if this was your dad's first and last time doing swim class with you. 


Not that I would mind.  30 minutes of being trapped in the viewing area with other moms in a private swim school is not my idea of fun.  Conversations of being a stay-at-home mom or working part-time to spend more time with the kids at this "tender" age, all the activities besides swimming their kid participates in, and "casually" mentioning what their husbands did for a living...gag. 


I've decided that if there is ever a next time that I'm stuck in the viewing area, and somebody asks if that's Dad out there, I'm going to nonchalantly reply, "No, that's the manny.  I didn't feel like getting my hair wet this morning."  I can't wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment